Security for All
It is imperative that all visitors including parents report to the main office upon entering the building where a visitor’s pass will be issued. Be certain to read the evacuation plan distributed in the first week of school for the safety of your child and everyone else.
- Every fire drill is to be regarded as a real fire.
- Fire drills will take place at anytime whether students are in class or in the gymnasium. In assemblies, passing in the corridors or in the cafeteria.
- All students must vacate the building immediately during a fire drill. Students are not to go to their lockers and must leave the building in an orderly manner.
- Students must not run during a drill.
- Students are to assemble in the field to the west of the school.
TO TURN ON A FALSE ALARM IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE
- lock classroom door(s)
- turn off lights
- sit low, away from line of sight
- teachers ensure calm and quiet
- turn off cell phones
- wait and listen for instructions